Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - February 13, 2006
Coin Market Roars at Heritage Long Beach Signature Auction!
Dallas, Texas: Heritage Auction Galleries held their 2006 February Long Beach Signature Auction on February 9-11, 2006 at the Long Beach Coin and Collectibles Expo in Long Beach, CA. Over the course of the 4,204 lots offered, this auction has realized $10,324,835 so far, with after-auction purchases continuing. With the related On-Line Session closing on February 13, totals for this auction will climb even higher.
"To say that we are thrilled with these results is an understatement," enthused Greg Rohan, President of Heritage. "Coin after coin brought outstanding results, with many pieces bringing the highest figures we've ever seen for a similar item in auction."
"This auction continues what is starting out as another great year for Heritage," continued Rohan. "A little over a month into 2006, we have already seen Heritage Coin and Currency Auctions realize more than $65 million. The market has never been hotter, and we can only look forward to our next auction in Palm Beach, Florida with the greatest enthusiasm."
Highlights of the February Long Beach Signature Auction included:
- 1915-S Panama-Pacific Five-Piece Set (NGC) With Box and Correspondence From 1957 and 1959. REALIZED: $172,500.
- 1915-S Panama-Pacific 50 Dollar Octagonal MS64 PCGS. REALIZED: $92,000.
- 1852 G$1 MS69 PCGS. REALIZED: $92,000.
- 1910 $20 PR66 PCGS. REALIZED: $92,000.
- 1910 $10 PR65 PCGS. REALIZED: $74,750.
- 1795 $10 13 Leaves AU58 PCGS. B. 1-A, Taraszka-1, R.3. REALIZED: $74,750.
- 1915-S $50 Panama-Pacific 50 Dollar Round MS63 PCGS. REALIZED: $69,000.
- 1868 $5 PR65 Deep Cameo PCGS. REALIZED: $63,250.
- 1799 $1 MS64 NGC. B-5, BB-157, R.2, Die State III. Ex: Eliasberg. REALIZED: $63,250.
- 1907 $20 High Relief PR63 NGC. REALIZED: $51,750.
- 1910 $5 PR65 PCGS. REALIZED: $48,875.
- 1838 Gobrecht Dollar, Name Omitted, Judd-84 Restrike, Pollock-93, R.5, PR64 NGC. REALIZED: $48,875.
- 1797 50C Fine 15 PCGS. O-101a, High R.4. REALIZED: $48,875.
- 1921-D 50C MS66 PCGS. REALIZED: $48,875.
- 1916-D 10C MS66 Full Bands NGC. REALIZED: $44,562.
- 1910 $2 1/2 PR66 PCGS. REALIZED: $43,125.
- 1852 Assay Office Ten Dollar MS63 PCGS. K-12a, R.5. REALIZED: $43,125.
- 1842-C $5 Small Date AU58 PCGS. REALIZED: $40,250.
Images, descriptions, and prices realized from this auction, as well as all previous Heritage auctions, are available in the Permanent Auction Archives at the Heritage website.
To purchase a catalog for any Heritage Auction, please contact Nicole Jewell at Heritage Auction Galleries, 3500 Maple Avenue, 17th Floor, Dallas, TX, 75219 or visit www.HeritageAuctions.com to order by credit card.
For additional Heritage press releases, please visit http://www.HeritageAuctions.com/common/info/press/.