Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - May 9, 2005
Heritage Central States Auction Realizes Nearly $23 Million!
Dallas, TX: Heritage Numismatic Auctions, Inc. (HNAI) and Heritage Currency Auctions of America (CAA) held their latest Signature auction on May 4-7, in St. Louis, Missouri. Overall sell-through for both auctions was $22,927,474.90. 3,394 bidders competed for 5,132 lots in the HNAI auction, 1,032 of them successfully, for a total of $14,606,172.80. 82.42% of the lots were sold. 38 bidders won 57 lots after the auction, for a total of $940,361.90. In the CAA auction, 1,878 bidders competed for 3,233 lots, 551 of them successfully for 92.66% of the lots offered and a total of $8,321,302.10. 27 lots were purchased after the auction by 11 bidders for a total of $13,890.85.
"This was another in a string of very exciting, very successful auctions," said Greg Rohan, President of HNAI. "2005 is already looking to be our best year ever."
The Central States Signature Auction included the fourth part of the Richard J. Chouinard Collection, the Tim Cook Registry Collection of Liberty Seated Dimes, the Gary Kramer Registry Collection of Washington Quarters, the Tom Mershon #2 All-Time Finest Registry Collection of Lincoln Wheat Cents, the Milwaukee Shore Collection of Morgan Dollars, and Part Four of the Larry Rausch Collection of significant nineteenth and twentieth century error coins.
Highlights of the auction included:
- 1875 $10 Sailor Head Ten Dollar, Judd-1443, Pollock-1587, R.8, PR64 NGC. REALIZED: $402,500.
- Fr. 377 $100 1890 Treasury Note Choice New. REALIZED: $356,500.
- Fr. 376 $50 1891 Treasury Note Choice New. REALIZED: $299,000.
- 1875 $5 Sailor Head Five Dollar, Judd-1438, Pollock-1581, R.8, PR65 NGC. REALIZED: $287,500.
- Fr. 1166b $20 1863 Gold Certificate CGA About Uncirculated 50. REALIZED: $195,500.
- Fr. 306b $20 1878 Silver Certificate Extremely Fine. REALIZED: $175,375.
- 1889-CC $1 MS65 NGC. REALIZED: $161,000.
- Fr. 185d $500 1878 Legal Tender Very Fine. REALIZED: $138,000.
- 1802/1 $2 1/2 MS63 PCGS. REALIZED: $103,500.
- 1841 $2 1/2 PR50 NGC. REALIZED: $103,500.
- 1893-S $1 MS63 NGC. REALIZED: $97,750.
- 1804 25C MS63 PCGS. REALIZED: $92,000.
- 1909-S VDB 1C MS67 Red PCGS. REALIZED: $92,000.
- 1916 50C Walking Liberty Half Dollar, Judd-1991, Formerly Judd-1798, Pollock-2056, High R.7, PR63 PCGS. REALIZED: $89,125.
Images, descriptions, and prices realized from all of Heritage's previous sales are available in the Permanent Auction Archives at the Heritage website.
To purchase a catalog for any Heritage Sale, please contact Nicole Jewell, 800-872-6467, Ext. 272, 3500 Maple Avenue, 17th Floor, Dallas, TX. 75219 or visit HeritageGalleries.com to order by credit card.
sold in the last year
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
Learn about consigning with us
Please give a big thank you to the entire Heritage team. Everyone was a pleasure to work with and Heritage delivered beyond our expectations.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. To compare for yourself, visit: compete.com