Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - June 6, 2005
Heritage Long Beach Auctions Realize Over $13 Million!
DALLAS, TEXAS: Heritage Numismatic Auctions, Inc. (HNAI) and Heritage World Coin Auctions (HWCA) held their latest Signature Auctions on June 2-3, in Long Beach, CA. Overall prices realized for both auctions was $12,215,098 so far. With approximately another $1 million expected from a Bullet auction that closes the evening of Monday, June 6 and after-auction sales that are still ongoing, the final total is expected to easily exceed $13 million. 2,527 bidders competed for 3,316 lots in the HNAI auction, 750 of them successfully, for a total of $10,137,461. 79.13% of the lots were sold. 17 bidders won 11 lots after the auction, for a total of $97,770. In the HWCA auction, 2,086 bidders competed for 2,641 lots, 522 of them successfully for 97.64% of the lots offered and a total of $2,077,637. 8 lots were purchased after the auction by 3 bidders for a total of $2,271.
"Our clients are having an exceptional year selling with Heritage," said Greg Rohan, President of HNAI. "Many have told us, after buying and selling for years, that 2004-2005 has been their best ever, and we see that continuing."
Regarding the HWCA Signature Auction, Warren Tucker, Director of HWCA, said, "I'm thrilled by the results, particularly the high level of participation by so many spirited bidders. The Charles I Gold Triple Unite 1643 was a particular pleasure, as its $431,250 result is a new record for its type, and the second highest price ever realized for a British coin."
The HNAI Signature Auction included the Dr. Theodore Almquist Collection, The Clifford Columbus Collection, The Empire State Collection, The Larry Rausch Collection of Errors, Part Five, and The Western Hills Collection. The HWCA Signature Auction included the Tortuga Collection of Latin American Coinage, as well as an extensive collection of 250+ Germanic coins, including 15 multiple talers.
Highlights of the HNAI auction included:
- 1794 $1 MS61 NGC. REALIZED: $747,500.
- 1838-O 50C Capped Bust, Reeded Edge. PR64 BM PCGS. REALIZED: $632,500.
- 1851 $50 LE Humbert Fifty Dollar, 880 Thous. MS63 NGC. REALIZED: $149,500.
- 1853 $20 Assay Office Twenty Dollar, 900 Thous. MS65 PCGS. REALIZED: $92,000.
- 1913 $10 PR68 NGC. REALIZED: $92,000.
- 1909 $20 PR66 NGC. REALIZED: $80,500.
- 1900 $2 1/2 PR69 Deep Cameo NGC. REALIZED: $69,000.
- 1924-D $20 MS65 PCGS. REALIZED: $63,250.
- 1795 $1 Flowing Hair, Three Leaves AU58 NGC. REALIZED: $51,750.
- 1919-S 25C MS66 Full Head PCGS. REALIZED: $48,875.
- 1878 $10 PR64 Ultra Cameo NGC. REALIZED: $48,875.
- 1918/7-S 25C MS65 NGC. REALIZED: $46,000.
- 1796 50C 16 Stars VG8 NGC. REALIZED: $41,400.
- 1911 $10 PR66 PCGS. REALIZED: $40,250.
Highlights of the HWCA Signature Auction included:
- Charles I Gold Triple Unite 1643. MS63 NGC. REALIZED: $431,250.
- South Australia. Gold Adelaide Pound 1852. REALIZED: $18,400.
- Victoria 5 Cents 1884. REALIZED: $16,100.
- Louis XV gold 2 Louis d'Or 1716-S (Troyes). REALIZED: $16,100.
- Colmar. City Taler 1666. REALIZED: $16,100.
- People's Republic Year of the Monkey 12 Oz. Gold 1000 Yuan 1992. REALIZED: $14,950.
- Mantua. 16th Century Silver Selection. REALIZED: $14,950.
- Confederation 1850 Presentation Set. REALIZED: $13,800.
- Yi Hyong PATTERN 20 Mun Year 495 (1886). REALIZED: $12,650.
- Rio de la Plata. Gold 8 Escudos 1835RA-P. REALIZED: $12,650.
- Guastalla. Ferrante II Gonzaga 70 Soldi 1617. REALIZED: $12,650.
Images, descriptions, and prices realized from all of Heritage's previous sales are available in the Permanent Auction Archives at the Heritage website.
To purchase a catalog for any Heritage Auction, please contact Nicole Jewell, 800-872-6467, Ext. 272, 3500 Maple Avenue, 17th Floor, Dallas, TX. 75219.
sold in the last year
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your