Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - May 14, 2004
Heritage to Offer The Kyle Patrick PCGS Registry Set of Lincoln Cents
Dallas, Texas: Heritage Numismatic Auctions, Inc. is pleased to announce that its June 2004 Long Beach Signature Auction will be anchored by The Kyle Patrick Registry Collection of Lincoln Cents. This "Basic Set" with 140 circulation strikes from 1909-1958, is Currently ranked #8 on the PCGS Registry.
"The consignor has collected coins since he was 8 years old," noted Heritage President Greg Rohan, "since his grandmother began providing him with old coins she would get from customers at the store where she worked. With three decades of general experience behind him, he decided to become a 'serious' collector in the mid-nineties, specializing in Lincoln Cents."
He chose Lincolns because they have traditionally been the first set that collectors start, and their popularity has remained strong as so many advanced collectors return to it later, but with increased sophistication and financial resources. After ten years of dedicated pursuit, the consignor has completed this extremely popular (and extremely competitive) set, with the lowest graded coin being MS64 Red. Many of the coins in the set were acquired through purchases and trades with the other top Registry Set owners.
"The Kyle Patrick Registry Collection," noted Heritage Executive V.P. Larry Abbott, "continues Heritage's long tradition of offering the finest Registry coins at auction. In this June Long Beach auction, we are also offering the Jack Canniff's Quarters, the #1 Current Finest set of Washington Quarters. At FUN 2004, we offered Patrick J. Mullen's #1 All-Time PCGS Registry Collection of Washington Quarters with Varieties. In past years, Heritage has offered dozens of leading PCGS Registry sets, but the pace has been picking up since FUN. During 2004, we auctioned: The Richard PCGS Registry Collections of Mint State & Proof Indian Cents (both ranked as #3 Current Finest and #4 All-Time Finest); The #2 Timely Collection of Mint State Quarter Eagles (#2 Current Finest and #6 All-Time Finest); John Troy's #1 PCGS Registry Collection of Proof Lincoln Cents (#1 Basic Set, Proof 1959-Present); and, of course, our very own Mike Sadler's Registry Set of Lincoln Cents (#8 All-Time and #6 Current Basic Set, Circulation Strikes 1909-1958).
Highlights of The Kyle Patrick Collection:
- Lot 5247 1909-S VDB Cent MS65 Red PCGS
- Lot 5266 1912 Cent MS66 Red PCGS
- Lot 5278 1914-D Cent MS64 Red PCGS
- Lot 5295 1917 Cent MS66 Red PCGS
- Lot 5301 1918 Cent MS66 Red PCGS
- Lot 5304 1918-D Cent MS64 Red PCGS. Ex: LaBute Collection.
- Lot 5305 1918-S Cent MS64 Red PCGS
- Lot 5307 1919 Cent MS67 Red PCGS
- Lot 5316 1921 Cent MS66 Red PCGS
- Lot 5338 1926 Cent MS67 Red PCGS
- Lot 5340 1926-S Cent MS64 Red PCGS
- Lot 5362 1931-S Cent MS66 Red PCGS