Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - January 21, 2004
Heritage World Coin Auctions approaches prices realized of $1 million in 2004 FUN Signature Sale
Dallas, Texas: Heritage, the official auctioneer of the 2004 Florida United Numismatists convention, realized a record $30,369,147 in actual sales between January 7 and 12 for its World, Currency, and U.S. Signature and Bullet Sales held in Orlando, Florida. The FUN Heritage World Coin Auction achieved $941,894 in sales with a spectacular sell-thru rate of 98%.
HWCA Director Warren Tucker commented, “The highlight of the sale was a beautifully preserved 1873 Republic of Costa Rica 20 Pesos. It is one of the finest known examples of this very rare Latin American gold issue. Estimated between $14,000 and $17,000, it was hammered down for $27,000. Another important piece was the Crete 1901 Prince George 2 Drachmai, which was estimated from $1,600 to $2,000 but brought $7,475.”
“The Ancients session also had impressive pieces,” Tucker continued. “A Roman Empire AV gold aureus of Uranius Antoninus was bid to $10,350. A bare-headed aureus of Augustus realized $3,565.”
Featured consignors for the 2004 HWCA FUN Sale included The Dr. Irving Arenberg Collection, Part 2, and The Morris Geiger Collection, Part 3.
Prices realized for all lots in the 2004 HWCA FUN Signature Sale are posted online at www.HeritageCoin.com. Membership at that site is free, and, among numerous benefits, includes access to Heritage’s Permanent Auction Archives-a complete listing of prices realized, descriptions, and images for all Heritage Signature Sales, Bullet Auctions, and Exclusively InternetTM Auctions from 1993-date, as well as all Heritage-CAA Signature Sales and CurrencyAuction.comTM online auctions.
Highlights from the 2004 HWCA FUN Signature Sale:
- Lot 12216, Roman Imperial, Uranius Antoninus aureus, circa A.D. 253-254, realized $10,350
- Lot 12691, Columbia, Felipe V gold Cob 8 Escudos 1744-FS, realized $5,462.50
- Lot 12788, Republic of Costa Rica, Gold 20 Pesos 1873, realized $31,050
- Lot 12795, Crete, Prince George 2 Drachmai 1901, realized $7,475
- Lot 12866, Dominican Republic, Carlos and Johanna Cob 2 Reales, realized $5,462.50
- Lot 13712, Poland, Gold 1987 Proof Set, Pope John Paul II, realized $6,900
Images, descriptions, and prices realized are available in the Permanent Auction Archives at the Heritage website, www.HeritageCoin.com.