Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - June 25, 2004
The Big Apple Hosts Heritage Signature Auction
Dallas, Texas: Heritage's New York Signature Auction will be held July 19-21 at the Roosevelt Hotel in New York City. The four-session sale features 3,796 lots, and includes a special section featuring The Willamette Collection. An associated New York Bullet Auction will take place online July 26 at Heritage's award-winning website, www.HeritageCoin.com.
"The New York Signature Auction has rarities worthy of the finest collection," asserted Heritage President Greg Rohan. "An 1864 L on Ribbon proof Cent, one of just twenty struck, is certified PR64 Red by PCGS. The low mintage 1893-O Dollar is tough in any grade, but an MS65 NGC example ranks within the condition census for the issue. The key date 1911-D Quarter Eagle can always be obtained for a price in circulated grades, however, an MS66 representative is one of only four certified at that level by PCGS, with none finer."
- Lot 5197, 1864 L On Ribbon Cent, PR64 Red PCGS
- Lot 7264, 1893-O Dollar, MS65 NGC
- Lot 8103, 1911-D Quarter Eagle, MS66 PCGS
Indian Cents and 20th century gold coins in superlative condition provide the focus of The Sarasota Collection. A 1911 Double Eagle, MS66 NGC, is among the finest certified, and a 1908-S Half Eagle and a High Relief Double Eagle are both certified MS65 by NGC. A rare 1924-S Double Eagle, MS64 NGC, will be of considerable interest to collectors of the challenging Saint-Gaudens series.
Highlights of The Sarasota Collection:
- Lot 5156, 1877 Cent, MS65 Red NGC
- Lot 8307, 1908-S Half Eagle, MS65 NGC
- Lot 8596, 1907 High Relief Double Eagle, Wire Rim, MS65 NGC
- Lot 8659, 1911 Double Eagle, MS66 NGC
- Lot 8756, 1924-S Double Eagle, MS64 NGC
A diverse old-time holding, The Willamette Collection is stocked with legendary rarities. A 1796 Quarter and a 1797 Half Dollar provide opportunities for advanced type set collectors, an EG FECIT Continental Dollar will motivate Early American specialists, and a 1796 Dollar, AU53 PCGS, would be a standout of any specialized collection of Bust Dollars.
Highlights of The Willamette Collection:
- Lot 7817, 1776 Continental Dollar, CURRENCY, Pewter, EG FECIT, AU55 PCGS
- Lot 7843, 1796 Quarter, B-2, Net Fine 15 ANACS
- Lot 7851, 1797 Half Dollar, O-102, Net XF40 ANACS
- Lot 7860, 1796 Small Date, Large Letters Dollar, B-4, AU53 PCGS
Part Three of The Bent Tree Collection includes a magnificent collection of Buffalo Nickels, which is ranked #2 on the NGC Registry. The three key date varieties, the 1916 Doubled Die Obverse, the 1918/7-D, and the Three-Legged 1937-D, are all represented in exceptionally high grades.
Highlights of The Bent Tree Collection, Part Three:
- Lot 5529, 1916 Doubled Die Obverse Nickel, AU58 NGC
- Lot 5549, 1918/7-D Nickel, MS61 ANACS
- Lot 5662, 1937-D Three-Legged Nickel, MS65 PCGS
Part Two of the Paulsboro Collection features the two most formidable "stoppers" in a type set of U.S. gold coins: The 1796 No Stars and 1808 Quarter Eagles. Another imposing rarity, an 1851 Original Seated Dollar in Mint State, is certain to provide heated floor bidding.
Highlights of The Paulsboro Collection, Part Two:
- Lot 6920, 1851 Original Seated Dollar, Net MS60 ANACS
- Lot 8006, 1796 No Stars Quarter Eagle, Net XF40 ANACS
- Lot 8007, 1808 Quarter Eagle, Fine 12 ANACS
Other featured consignors for the Heritage New York Signature Auction include The Del Rio Collection, Part One; The Barry Donnell Collection, Part Two; The Dennis Gundy Collection; The Estate of John Naylor, Part One; and The Professor Wayne Newman Palmer Collection, Part One.
Additional highlights of the Heritage New York Signature Auction:
- Lot 5048, 1793 Chain Periods Cent, S-4, AU50 NGC
- Lot 5697, 1792 Half Disme, Judd-7, XF Details, Repaired
- Lot 6437, 1803 Large 3 Half Dollar, O-103, MS64 NGC
- Lot 7615, 1925 Stone Mountain Half Dollar, MS68 PCGS
- Lot 7677, 1915-S Panama-Pacific 50 Dollar Round, MS64 NGC
- Lot 8031, 1855-D Quarter Eagle, MS60 NGC
- Lot 8049, 1901 Quarter Eagle, MS68 PCGS
- Lot 8180, 1868 Three Dollars, MS67 Prooflike NGC
- Lot 8361, 1870-CC Eagle, XF45 PCGS
- Lot 8398, 1907 Wire Rim Indian Eagle, MS65 PCGS
- Lot 8460, 1859 Double Eagle, MS62 NGC
- Lot 8592, 1905 Double Eagle, PR65 Cameo NGC
- Lot 8785, 1908 Motto Double Eagle, PR65 PCGS
- Lot 8787, Kellogg & Humbert Gold Ingot, No. 639, 112.03 oz
Images, descriptions, and prices realized are available in the Permanent Auction Archives.