1875 T$1 Commercial Dollar, Judd-1424, Pollock-1567, R.7, PR64 Red and Brown NGC....
|Sold for:||Sign-in or Join (free & quick)|
|Claim Item:||Sign-in or Join (free & quick)|
|Auction Ended On:||Aug 11, 2010|
6 Internet/mail/phone bidders
568 page views
Hynes Convention Center
Judd-1424, PR64 Red and Brown
Wisps of pale violet and orange complement the considerable dollops of mint red that cling to the surfaces on each side. This well-struck specimen is free of mentionable distractions, with appeal suggestive of an even finer grade.
Census. Only eight pieces are recorded as struck, according to Adams and Woodin, with six documented here as expanded from USPatterns.com.
1. Auction '87 (RARCOA, 7/1987), lot 1332; David M. Silberman, Jr. Collection (Bowers and Merena, 11/1988), lot 5414; Lemus Collection (Heritage, 1/2009), lot 1857, where it brought $18,400. The present specimen.
2. J.C. Mitchelson (1913); Connecticut State Library.
3. Gaston DiBello (Stack's, 5/1970), lot 473; Armand Champa; Rogers M. Fred, Jr. (Bowers and Merena, 11/1995), lot 2335; American Numismatic Rarities (11/2003). PR65 Red PCGS.
4. Brinton T. Schorer; private treaty sale to Harry W. Bass, Jr. (5/3/1973); Bass Collection (Bowers and Merena, 5/1999), lot 1323, which brought $6,325. PR64 Red PCGS.
5. Burke-Clemente Collections (Bowers & Merena, 5/1994), lot 1000. PR65 uncertified.
6. William Mitkoff; private treaty sale to David Faraday (9/23/1972) for $700; ANA (Heritage, 7/1994), lot 6149, which brought $10,120. PR65 Red and Brown uncertified.
From The Jarosi Collection. (PCGS# 71731)
Service and Handling Description: Coins & Currency (view shipping information)