- Keyword Search
Gem Proof 1885 Liberty Eagle Struck in Aluminum, Judd-17551885 $10 Ten Dollar, Judd-1755, Pollock-1968, R.7-8, PR66 NGC. From regular issue 1885 Eagle dies, but struck in aluminum with a reeded edge. Examples of aluminum strikings are also known for the other gold denominations of this year, which were perhaps made for presentation purposes. Pollock lists only three examples of this rare die trial:
1. Ex: 1976 ANA Sale (Stack's, 8/76), lot 3693.
2. Ex: King of Siam Sale (Bowers & Merena, 10/87), lot 2259; Auction '88 (Superior, 10/88), lot 293. This is the present example.
3. Ex: Palace Collection (Sotheby's, 1954), lot 2014.
This coin is lightly toned in irregular streaks of pale tan iridescence that are most readily evident over the right reverse. The devices are fully brought up in all areas. Identifiable by a fully retained mint-made lamination above star 12. (#62198) (NGC ID# 2ALZ, PCGS# 62198)
Service and Handling Description: Coin/Currency (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | NGC Coin Grading Guarantee | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
15% of the successful bid (minimum $6) per lot.
Luxury Real Estate
Opens about 12/31/2015
Opens about 02/12/2016
Opens about 02/22/2016
Opens about 03/04/2016
Opens about 03/07/2016
Fine & Rare Wine
Opens about 03/14/2016
Opens about 03/17/2016
Opens about 03/18/2016
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
Learn about consigning with us
This is why I like purchasing from Heritage, you are so customer oriented and with your size and my meager purchases it always amazes me how quickly you respond.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. To compare for yourself, visit: compete.com