1831 50C PR64 NGC. O-103, High R.7 as a Proof. ...
Only Five Proofs Known
1. O-103 PR65 PCGS. Heritage (4/2013), lot 4268.
2. O-103 PR65 NGC. Samuel H. Chapman, as part of a complete proof set, one of only two complete sets known to him; Dr. C.A. Allenburger (B. Max Mehl, 3/1948), lot 871; John Jay Pittman (David Akers, 5/1998), lot 1495; FUN Signature (Heritage, 1/2006), lot 3188; Greensboro Collection II/FUN Signature (Heritage, 1/2013), lot 5636.
3. O-103 PR64 PCGS. Auction '79 (Paramount), lot 155; Sixten Erling, Paramount International Coin Corp.'s Rare Coin List No. 12; private Illinois collector; Rarities Sale (Bowers and Merena, 8/1999), lot 196.
4. O-103 PR64 NGC. Obtained by a European noble while visiting this country in the middle 19th century and retained by the same family until the present time. The present specimen.
5. O-108 Proof. Reed Hawn (Stack's, 8/1973), lot 98; Robison Collection (Stack's, 2/1982), lot 1591;.Auction '84 (Stack's, 7/1984), lot 1143; Stack's (12/1998), lot 2244.
This near-Gem proof has a bold strike with fully mirrored fields around lustrous devices that impart a slight cameo appearance. The obverse is mostly toned in pale gold and light green while the reverse is mostly brilliant with delicate gold and blue toning. An exceptional proof for the connoisseur.
From The Noblesse Collection. (PCGS# 6210)
Service and Handling Description: Coins & Currency (view shipping information)
The Draped Bust Half Dollars of 1796-1797 by Jon Amato is the culmination of more than 10 years of research into the Draped Bust Small Eagle half dollar series, one of the most coveted type coins in American numismatics and one about which remarkably little has been written.
This work will be the premier reference for 1796-1797 half dollars for years to come. Institutions having an extensive numismatic library or coin cabinet will find it a valuable complement to their holdings, and catalogers charged with writing up specimens for auction can now have an indispensable source of background and pedigree information. Likewise, coin dealers seeking to purchase one or more '96 or '97 half dollars for a client or for inventory, and collectors who own, have owned, or desire to own one will want this important reference work for their libraries.
Order Now! Just $59.95