DescriptionEmpire and Republic Medals Trio, Lot of three medals, as follows:
- Meili-200. Copper, Choice Extremely Fine. Struck in 1871 to honor H. A. Mesquita by the Orchestra in Rio de Janeiro. Mesquita, a disciple of the renowned composer F. Bazin at the Paris Conservatoire, was the first Brazilian musician to travel abroad at the Empire's expense.
- VC-287. Silver, Choice Mint State, a few minimal edge nicks. Commissioned by the Chilean fleet that stopped in Rio in 1891 on its way back to chile from Europe to honor the Brazilian people.
- KP-95-13P. Silver, About Uncirculated, small sticker on reverse. Struck in 1938 for the centenary of the History and Geography Institute of Brazil.
The first two rare, the second in most attractive preservation.
View all of [The RLM Collection of Brazilian Medals - Part VI ]
Shipping, Taxes, Terms and Bidding
Calculate Standard Domestic Shipping
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
World and Ancient Coin Bibliography
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
17.5% of the successful bid (minimum $14) per lot.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
I could not have done better anywhere else.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)