Extremely Rare 1832 C-2, B-2 Half Cent, PR64 Brown1832 1/2 C PR64 Brown PCGS. C-2, B-2, R.7 as a proof. Housed in a first-generation PCGS holder. Only seven or eight proofs of this variety are known, and less than 20 proofs of all three varieties exist, according to information in Walter Breen's Half Cent Encyclopedia. While that reference is out-of-date today, the Census information still provides an excellent indication of rarity.
Breen lists the following in his Census:
1. Mougey Collection (Thomas Elder, 9/1910), lot 316; Lyman H. Low; Essex Numismatics; later, Breen Plate Coin.
2. Alison Jackman (Henry Chapman (2/1918), lot 887; David W. Valentine (Thomas Elder, 12/1927), lot 536a; Hillyer Ryder (New Netherlands, 44th Sale, 6/1954); , lot 310; Philip Showers; Willis duPont; private collection.
3. New Netherlands, 51st Sale; Stack's (3/1975), lot 851; Missouri Cabinet.
4. T. James Clarke (Abe Kosoff (4/1956), lot 464; Norweb Collection.
5. Brobston Collection; Stack's, 1/1963 FPL.
6. Connecticut State Library.
7. Henry C. Miller Collection (Thomas Elder, 4/1917), lot 1058.
8. Bruce Abrash.
We are certain that this piece is different from numbers 1, 3, 4, and 6. It should be easy to identify, with several toning spots on both sides. The fields are mildly reflective, with light cameo contrast. An exquisite example that is sharply struck from perfect dies, this piece has amazing lime-green, gold, and lilac toning. EAC PR60.(Registry values: P4) (NGC ID# 26YT, PCGS# 1195)
Weight: 5.44 grams
Metal: 100% Copper
Learn more at the Newman Numismatic Portal at Washington University in St. Louis.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Coins & Currency (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | PCGS Guarantee of Grade and Authenticity | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
15% of the successful bid (minimum $9) per lot.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
I want especially to thank you for your courtesy and professionalism. I felt taken care of.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)