Skip to main content
Go to accessibility notice

    Description

    1883 Fortin-119 Seated Dime, PR68
    Scarcer of Two Proof Varieties

    1883 10C PR68 PCGS. Fortin-119, R.4. Ex: Simpson. According to Gerry Fortin at the SeatedDimeVarieties.com website, about 30% of 1883 proof dimes are from the Fortin-119 die pair with the date slanting noticeably down to the right. The other 70% are examples of Fortin-103. This stunning Superb Gem cameo proof has deeply mirrored fields and sharp design motifs with lovely cobalt-blue and pale gold toning. A beautiful piece for the proof type collector. Population: 3 in 68, 0 finer (4/20).

    Coin Index Numbers: (NGC ID# 23D8, PCGS# 4780)

    Weight: 2.49 grams

    Metal: 90% Silver, 10% Copper


    Learn more at the Newman Numismatic Portal at Washington University in St. Louis.

    Auction Info

    Bidding Begins Approx.
    January
    15th Friday
    Auction Dates
    February
    3rd-8th Wednesday-Monday
    Proxy Bidding Begins Approx.
    77 Days
    Bids + Registered Phone Bidders: N/A
    Lot Tracking Activity: N/A
    Page Views: 41
    Auction Type
    Signature®:  Heritage Live®:After Internet bidding closes, live bidding will take place through www.HA.com/Live. Your secret maximum bid placed prior to the live event will compete against the live bids. To maximize your chances of winning, enter realistic secret maximum bids on our site. Many of our proxy bidders are successful at winning lots in these auctions, and usually below their secret maximum. You can also place last minute bids directly with us by e-mailing Bid@HA.com or calling 1-866-835-3243. (Important note: Due to software and Internet latency, live bids may not register in time, so enter realistic proxy bids.)

    Signature® Floor Sessions
    Proxy bidding ends ten minutes prior to the session start time. Live Proxy bidding on Heritage Live starts 24 hours before the live session begins and continues through the session. During the live auction event, bidding in person is encouraged, and Heritage Live includes streaming audio and often video during the event.
    Track Item