Description1868 General U.S. Grant Medals. Both use obverse die USG 1868-30 and reverse die USG 1868-23. One piece is white metal, the other is copper. The white metal piece is flashy with minor obverse field marks. The reverse is pumpkin-gold with infrequent pinpoint carbon.
Learn more at the Newman Numismatic Portal at Washington University in St. Louis.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Coins & Currency (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
15% of the successful bid (minimum $9) per lot.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
I could not have done better anywhere else.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)